Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Don't Ask Your Broker

Unfortunately, most of you who are reading my column are suffering some significant losings in the stock market. Whether it is common finances or individual pillory everything with mighty few exclusions is going down. Maybe you are just giving back some nice profits, but maybe it is beginning to seize with teeth into your original principal.

You are wondering what should I do? I know, I'll name my broker. He cognizes all about the market. Please! Don't inquire your broker. I already cognize what he will state you. The usual Wall Street fume and mirrors answer. "Don't worry. This is just a healthy rectification in a bull market. It will come up back". It do me ill to hear this sort of nonsensicality from a supposedly informed and intelligent (?) person. By the way, what is "healthy" about a 38% "correction"?

If this cat was so smart when he had you purchase these pillory and common finances then why wasn't he smart adequate to have got you sell before you gave back 50% Oregon more than of your portfolio? He is working under the pretense of investing conventional wisdom that is conventional but not wisdom. "Mr. Mushroom, you are in for the long term so don't worry about these aberrations." YUK! That is what you are - a mushroom. Grown in the dark and Federal you-know-what.

There are modern times when you should have got on lone 1 place - CASH. Cash is a position, but brokers are not taught that. They never heard of it.

When I was a flooring bargainer cats would come up to me and say, "Al, what make you have got on?" and my reply, "Nothing" drew a aghast look. "How can you be down here on the flooring and not be trading?" It is very simple, I was there to do money, not to trade. Many modern times you should not be doing anything. It is the same for the average investor. He should be in cash when there is a bear market as there is right now. How long it will endure I don't know, but I will cognize when it is over and the bull have returned. Your broker won't cognize because he have not been trained to do money, only to do commission.

Every stock and common monetary fund you have should be examined regularly (preferably weekly) and a halt placed under each place so (just in case) that hummer make up one's minds to army tank you will be out with your profit. Never allow a winning trade travel to a loss. You must protect your capital at all times.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?